If you are a Linksys user and have been facing error 502 bad gateway while using it then it is not unusual. However, you can easily recover such error via using the easy steps. But before we move forward the recovery steps it is important to know the basic reasons that might cause error 502 into your Linksys router.
Why You Face Error 502 Into Your Linksys Router?
The following are the major reasons due to which you might face Linksys router error 502 bad gateway.
- The drivers for your Linksys router haven’t been installed properly
- DCHP server is not working due to configuration problem
- Malfunctioning of Adapter driver of your router device
- Internet connection isn’t working properly
Hence, go through the steps mentioned in the next section to fix error 502 in your Linksys router.
Fix Error 502 In Your Linksys Router
- Navigate to the official website of the Linksys Support website
- Enter the model number mentioned on your Linksys router in the relevant space
- Click on the “Downloads/Firmware” button and let the file download onto your PC device
- Launch the download driver file and follow the onscreen prompts to install it into your PC
- Now, you’ll need to reset your router device. To do this, log in to your Linksys router account on the official login web page
- Now manually upgrade the firmware into your Linksys router
Hence, you’ll be to reset your router. After this, you’ll need to reboot your router and then connect to the internet. Try opening a website and see everything works fine. However, if you find any of the aforementioned steps difficult then contact Linksys customer services to seek information on recovering Linksys router error 502. The professional expert will surely help you with better information.
Other FAQ Links:
- How do I find the password for my Linksys wireless router?
- How to reset Linksys WRT300N Router Password?
- How to update Linksys Router?