How much does it cost to change a flight on Alaska Airlines?
Considered as one of the major American airlines, Alaska Airlines is best known for offering its passengers with the finest onboard services. Further, to ensure that passengers don’t face any difficulty with their travel, the airline has introduced various services that permit one to manage their trip before the actual departure. So, in case, there are any changes in your plan then, you can easily opt for this service and manage your travel accordingly.
Conditions for changing reservations booked with Alaska Airlines
For the passengers who have already booked reservations with Alaska Airlines, they are offered the Alaska Airlines flight change policy that enables one to easily modify their booked reservation. However, for confirming the changes, the passenger is required to abide by certain conditions as mentioned in this article.
- As per the flight change rule, the passenger is required to change their booked reservations within 24 hours of the booking of the travel.
- And only the fare type that is eligible for flight change can modify their booking.
- Further, for confirming the flight change, the passenger is required to make payment for the fare difference.
- Also, no changes to the reservation are allowed outside 24-hour of the booking.
About flight change fee
Many passengers have queries regarding the Alaska Airlines flight change fee, for those who are not aware as per the flight change policy, the fee for the flight change is completely dependent on the fare type. However, the nominal fee for the change starts from $125 and can range more for which one can contact the reservation department of the airline.
Updates on change flight policy due to COVID-19
As you might be aware that the recent outbreak has badly affected the airlines. But, some airlines completely understand the sensitivity of the situation and are offering its passengers a waiver as mentioned below.
- Alaska Airlines is going to suspend the flight change fee for all the newly booked reservations that were booked between 27th February till 12th March 2020.
- Further, the airline is offering flexibility to book and manage the reservations.
- The rule is applicable till 1st June 2020. However, there can be changes in the policy that one can view on the official website of the airline.
What happens in the situations when the flight ticket is booked before 27th February?
Well, as mentioned earlier the Alaska Airlines change flight policy above will not apply to these reservations. However, in such situations, the passenger can feel free to contact the reservation department of the airline and seek help for managing the booked reservations.
How to change flight tickets booked with Alaska Airlines?
For the flight change process, the passenger can follow the steps mentioned below and easily change their booked flight.
- Initially, for this process, the passenger is required to launch the airline website.
- And then, the passenger needs to click on the manage booking tab.
- Now, the passenger needs to mention the reservation code and full name printer on the reservation.
- After that, retrieve the booking and select the flight change option.
- Pick an alternative flight for the booking and proceed.
- Then, select a payment option for the reservation and confirm the booking.
Thus, this was the complete information regarding the flight change policy and Alaska Airlines flight change fee. For more info regarding the same, one can feel free to contact the reservation department of the airline.
- Alaska Airlines Reservations Online Booking Number
- Alaska Airlines Manage Booking
- Alaska Airlines Reschedule Policy