Being a Linksys router user, you can experience the best internet speed and other features. But sometimes lots of situations are faced by the users when they forget the password of their Linksys router due to many reasons. It is a very common thing among the users and one can easily recover their Linksys router password through the multiple ways provided by Linksys for the password recovery. One can very easily recover their Linksys router password if have complete information about that. In this article, you will learn how to reset the Linksys router password through the varied methods and each method is very simple and straightforward to follow.
Method 1: Reset the Linksys router
- First of all, turn on your router if it is not and you can plug into the wall socket.
- Press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds which is available at the backside of your router.
- Now power LED will be blinked when you reset your router.
- Now turn your router off and then wait for 30 seconds.
- After that, turn on your router again to complete the process.
Method 2: Reset router Password via the login page
- Open a web browser on your computer and then go to the official login page via http://192.168.1.1
- Enter the default username as Admin and password as Password.
- Now find the Password section into the Settings.
- Enter the new password for your Linksys router and then re-enter it to confirm.
Method 3: Change router’s password via set up page
- Go to the router’s web-based setup page from your browser and then click on the Administrator section.
- Click on the Management section.
- Now you can see the current password of your router and then enter the new password for your Linksys router.
- Click on the Save settings tab to complete the process.
You can follow the above-given Linksys Router Password Recovery steps to recover your Linksys router password. In case you are not able to understand the password recovery process or have any kind of query related to Linksys router, then you can directly contact the technical support team of Linksys router and obtain the best solutions on the password reset related queries.
From a computer that is connected to the router (it may be wired or wireless), Open your Internet browser (Microsoft Edge) and type the IP address of the router in the address bar. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1. At the login, enter the username (admin) and your password (default password is nothing).